Who wouldn’t want to delight themselves with a sinful sweet after hectic days of festival preparations? Calories restrict fitness freaks, but even those fitness freaks couldn’t resist the aroma of a sweet cake. The New Year is approaching. Celebrations and cake go hand in hand. How are you going to welcome the New Year into your home without this sweet treat? A sweet escape occasionally doesn’t harm, right? Also, the pandemic has restricted us to home-made food. Let us take this opportunity as a treat, and indulge in baking cakes for a new and happy year that is soon approaching. I present before you, mouth-watering sweet home-made cake on the occasion of the New Year.
Eggless Chocolate Cake
Eggless chocolate cake is one of the quickest and easiest bake that can be ever made.
- Baking soda
- Cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C for over 15 minutes and grease the baking pan to let the cake come out smoothly after the baking is done.
- Add all the above-mentioned ingredients as per your required quantities (or 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 ½ cups flour, ¼ cocoa, ½ salt) in a mixing bowl after sieving.
- Mix all the ingredients gently.
- Add sugar to taste (or 200 grams, if you go with the above measurements). If possible use fine sugar else go with sugar syrup (if you go with syrup stir the mixture without forming lumps)
- If you have used sugar in the above step, stir the mixture well without forming lumps.
- Add oil to the batter. Ensure that you use some light oil to avoid the oily smell of the cake (80ml if you go by the given measurements above)
- Add vanilla extract (1 tablespoon if you go with the above quantities). You can use any amount of it as per your requirements and taste without disturbing the consistency.
- Add lemon and vinegar to the batter (1 tablespoon if you go with the above quantities mentioned).
- Mix the ingredients again gently without letting them form lumps. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are mixed completely.
- Keep mixing the batter until the batter begins to bubble up. This is when you have to stop mixing to avoid making the cake denser.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking pan and pat it to the kitchen counter to even out the surface of the batter in the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes (varies accordingly) in the already preheated oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool down for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Invert the cake pan into a plate or cake rack. Let it cool completely.
- If you prefer your cake to be frosted, you can add some chocolate frosting bought from the market else you can sprinkle some powdered sugar, cocoa, and add some other toppings.
Yippee! Your eggless chocolate cake is ready to be served hot. The cake tastes better for the next day. You can use it for over 6-7 days at a good room temperature.