David Lawrence Schwimmer is an American Director, Producer, Actor, and Comedian.
He became famous starring in the sitcom “Friends” as Ross Geller, which he was honored with the Screen Actors Guild Award and a Primetime Emmy Award Nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in the year, 1995.
David Schwimmer - American Actor Biography
David Lawrence Schwimmerwas born On November 2nd, 1966 in Queens, New York City, United States.
Both of his parents were lawyers, and he has two elder sisters who are older than him.
After beginning his acting career while still in high school, Schwimmer went on to study at Northwestern University. After graduation, he uprooted his life and came to New York City with the hopes of launching a career in acting. In 1994, he was cast as Ross Geller on the critically acclaimed comedy Friends. He is best known for his appearances as Ross Geller in the television series Friends and Robert Kardashian in the television series The People v. O.J. Simpson:American Crime Story. Together with fellow actor Ben Stiller, he directed and acted in the Broadway play Trust in the year 2006. In addition, he is well-known for his roles in a number of films, including Disney's Newsies, Runaway Bride alongside Julia Roberts, I Am Sam alongside Sean Penn, Duets alongside Tyra Banks, Say anything... alongside John Cusack, and She's Having a Baby alongside Kevin Bacon, which was released in 1989.
Schwimmer plays the role of attorney Robert Kardashian in American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson, which aired on FX from 2012 to 2013.
Family - His Wife and Children
David Schwimmer Began Dating British Artist Zoe Buckman in 2007 and later became engaged in March 2010. After three months, they secretly got married.
David and Zoe welcomed a baby girl Cleo Buckman Schwimmer on May 8, 2011.
In April 2017, the two got separated.
David Schwimmer, an actor, spent his childhood in Los Angeles and attended Northwestern University for his theater education. Before getting the breakthrough role of Ross Geller on Friends in 1994, he had appearances on television programs such as "The Wonder Years" and "NYPD Blue." After the successful sitcom's first run of ten years, Schwimmer went on to perform in theatrical shows and direct the feature films Run Fatboy Run (2007) and Trust (2009). In 2010 the first season of American Crime Story was based on the O.J. Simpson murder trial, he played the role of defense attorney Robert Kardashian in the year 2016.
Schwimmer began his acting career while he was a student at Beverly Hills High School and took part in the school's productions of several plays. His family had moved to Los Angeles when he was two years old. He went on to acquire a bachelor's degree in theater and speech from Northwestern University in Illinois, where he attended classes beginning in 1988.
After graduating from college, Schwimmer established the Lookingglass Theatre Company in Chicago and worked as an actor while he struggled to make ends meet. He maintained hope by appearing in reoccurring appearances in television programs like L.A. Law, The Wonder Years, and NYPD Blue, as well as in supporting roles in independent films like Crossing the Bridge (1992), Twenty Bucks (1992), and The Waiter (1992-1993). During this time, he was offered a role in the upcoming comedy Monty, in which he would star opposite Henry Winkler. Even though it had all the makings of the actor's big break, the program was canceled after only a few episodes, and David Schwimmer promised that it would be the only comedy series he ever did.
David Lawrence Schwimmer
Actor, producer, director, comedian, voice actor
Ross Geller - FRIENDS
Physical Stats & More
in centimeters- 185 cm
in Kilograms- 86 kg
- Chest: 42 Inches
Date of Birth
November 2, 1966
Age (as in 2021)
Flushing, Queens, New York, U.S.
Zodiac sign/Sun sign
Beverly Hills High School (1984)
Bachelor of Arts(1998)
- David Schwimmer made his debut in the character of 'Rob Cuccio in the television movie 'A Deadly Silence,' which aired on the NBC network in 1989.
- His first role on the big screen was in the military movie "Flight of the Intruder," directed by John Milius and released in 1991.
- The movie was met with unfavorable reviews upon its initial release and garnered a score of only 25% on Rotten Tomatoes for its level of audience acceptance.
- He extended his cinematic career by starring in movies such as "Crossing the Bridge" (1992), "Twenty Bucks" (1993), and "Wolf" (1994).
- In 1994, he became a regular cast member on the David Crane and Marta Kauffman sitcom 'Friends,' which was shown on television in the United States. As a result of his performance in the character of "Ross Geller," he was nominated for a "Primetime Emmy Award." The series aired its final episode in 2004 after it had run for a total of ten seasons.
- In addition, he has roles in movies and television shows such as "The Single Guy" (1995), "Saturday Night Live" (1995), "ER" (1996), and "Breast Men," among others (1997). In the American romantic comedy film titled "Kissing a Fool," which was directed by Doug Ellin and released in 1998, he portrayed the character of "Max Abbitt." The reviews for the movie were mostly negative, and Rotten Tomatoes only gave it a 29 percent approval rating.
- In the same year, he also played the role of 'Frank Martin' in the American film 'Six Days, Seven Nights,' which was directed by Ivan Reitman and had an ensemble cast. Despite receiving a variety of reactions from film reviewers, the movie was nonetheless successful in earning approximately $164.8 million worldwide on a budget of between $65 and $70 million.
- In subsequent years, Schwimmer appeared in movies such as "All the Rage" (1999), "Love & Sex" (2000), "Picking Up the Pieces" (2000), "Hotel" (2001), "Uprising" (2001), "Duane Hopwood" (2005), "Madagascar" (2005), "Big Nothing" (2006), "Run, Fatboy, Run" (2007), "Nothing But the Truth" (2008), "Madagascar" (2019).
- In the year 2020, he was cast in the character of 'Jerry Bernstein' on the British television comedy 'Intelligence,' which he had joined as a cast member.
- The first episode of the Show's second season debuted in June of 2021. His most recent appearance was in the Friends reunion episode that aired in 2021 on the American television series Friends.
Social Media Status
David Schwimmer on Instagram got 6.7million followers
Twitter- 712.1k followers
Facebook- 705k followers
Some Interesting Facts to Know About David Lawrence Schwimmer
- He took a Shakespeare workshop in 1979. Ian McKellen taught at the workshop and David was engrossed in the classes. He later won two of his first prizes in the Southern California Shakespeare Festival.
- After moving to Beverly Hills, David was never happy in school. He felt out of place because he felt like the students there had a different value system from his.
- In school, he was good in Mathematics and science and he thought he would be a Medical Doctor. David’s drama teacher motivated him to chase Acting and he flew to Chicago to do his degree in Theatre and Speech.
- David was the Co-founder of the “Lookingglass Theatre Company“ in the late 1980s.
- He continued his journey as an unemployed and hustling actor in Los Angeles.
- In 2016, He played Robert Kardashian in an American Crime Story.
- At age 10, he made his first film debut when he played the “Fairy Godmother” in Cinderella’s Jewish version.
- David turned down the role proposal as Ross Geller. Although accepted later on. The Executive Producer had him in mind as a casting crew because he already worked with him and knew his kind.
- He focused his role of Ross Geller in FRIENDS on Nicolas Cage’s movie Peggy sue got married in 1986.
- 22million American Viewers Streamed FRIENDS for the first time and David got a strong review so fast. Pittsburgh submit-gazette complimented David, calling him “Terrific”.
- He was the Emmy Award Nominee in the category of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy.
- He is involved in Charity work and support team, bringing awareness against Child Abuse, and is currently, the director in Santa Monica.
- He has also directed in few episodes of “FRIENDS”
- David Schwimmer voiced the character Melman, the giraffe in the Animated Movie Madagascar (2005).
- Trolls gave mixed responses although, the movie was a commercial success hitting US$532million, the biggest hit of the year, 2005.
His next appearance will be in the upcoming anthology drama series Extrapolations, which will air in the United States.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques: What is David Schwimmer doing now?
Ans: In 2020, he landed a role on Intelligence, a British television sitcom, which was cast by Peacock. Schwimmer was married to artist Zoe Buckman from 2010 to 2017. They have a daughter, whom they welcomed in 2011.
Ques: Who is the most successful Friends actor?
Ans: Jennifer Aniston has become arguably the maximum well-known member of the FRIENDS troupe. Her role as Rachel Green launched her acting career, and she has since appeared in 2004's blockbuster hits, such as Polly Came Up With, 2008's tearjerker Marley & Me, and 2011's Terrible Boss.
Ques: Are the Friends Cast Still Friends?
Ans: They are all still friends, but they may be rarely all together
Even though there is no animosity between them, these six friends have been together in the same room only twice since the end of the show.
Ques: Who is the most liked character in Friends?
Ans: Among the men watching the show, Rachel tops the list with 23%. Despite Joy not sharing food, she ranks second among men with Phoebe, both with 15%. Monica is in second place with 14%, followed by Chandler - or Miss Chandler Bong, as she is known to some - with 9%.
Ques: Are Jennifer Aniston And David Schwimmer still in love?
Ans: August 11, 2021: An Aniston representative tells Insider that the report is not accurate. "They're not dating. The whole story is a concoction," Aniston's rep told us. A representative for Schwimmer also told The Sun that there is "no truth" to the rumors.
Ques: What movies has Ross been in from Friends?
Ans: While still starring in Friends, his first major film role was in The Pallbearer (1996), followed by roles in Kissing a Fool, Six Days, Seven Nights,Apt Pupil (all 1998), and Picking Up the Peace (2000). played.