Instagram is said to be developing a clubhouse clone. The rumors had recently surfaced and were making rounds on the internet. The new feature will most likely be called "Audio Rooms." Fans are ecstatic about the new feature. Twitter has already made announcement about its own clubhouse clone called “spaces.” If you're wondering what a clubhouse clone is, why Instagram is involved in this news, and why this is making headlines, read on to find out:
What is a Clubhouse clone?
Before I get into the specifics, let me state one thing unequivocally. If you're not familiar with the term "clubhouse clown," you might be scratching your head right now. In layman's terms, Clubhouse clone is an interactive iOS application/platform that allows for multi-person interactions. You can talk about, show, and discuss a wide range of topics that interest you. A large number of members can be present at the same time. Interactions in clubhouse clones typically begin with people clicking on an invitation link. Anyone who joins the link can participate in the chats, discussions, debates, conversations, and interviews.
How to get started with the Clubhouse clone?
Let's take a look at the detailed step-by-step procedure for getting started with Clubhouse clone:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the Clubhouse clone app.
- Creating a profile is as simple as it is on other interactive platforms.
- Once you've created a profile, you're ready to go.
- The member search function allows you to look up your friends, family, and other contacts.
- You can also invite other members to the app to expand your network.
- The calendar feature allows you to plan events and conversations in rooms.
- Rooms are similar to Whatsapp groups in that they are where everything happens, including group conversations, discussions, and interviews.
What are rooms on Clubhouse Clone?
Public rooms are interactive spaces where people can engage in conversations, debates, and other activities.
- Access the public rooms feature, which allows you to watch or join.
- There is also a feature known as social rooms. Only followers have access to and can view social rooms.
- Closed rooms are private rooms that only invited users can view and join.
The fame of Clubhouse clone:
The Clubhouse clone rose to prominence after a few celebrities around the world, including Elon Musk, praised the incredibly unique features of this invite-only voice chat. However, the revelation that conversations are being leaked has put an end to all the excitement surrounding Clubhouse clones. As a result, users began looking for similar alternatives. The change in user mood fueled social media behemoths like Twitter and Instagram to launch their own versions of the Clubhouse app.
Twitter already has its own version called "Spaces," but being a social media behemoth didn't stop the app from being scrutinised by users and other developers. Rumors have spread that chats from "Audio rooms" have been revealed, and screenshots have been widely shared online.
News about Instagram's new feature:
Alessandro Paluzzi, a mobile developer, revealed in a series of tweets that Instagram would soon roll out a new feature of end-to-end personal chats. There is also word that Instagram, Facebook, and Whatsapp chat data will be merged in order to make them interoperable.
To summarise, Instagram's Clubhouse clone is not something to be excited about. The social media behemoth has always been opportunistic in terms of introducing new features such as Reels, IGTV, stickers, live, and more. To date, no social media platform has disappointed its users in its efforts to meet the needs of millennials. So, whether it's a rumour or not, we can anticipate something similar from Instagram sooner or later.