This article brings forth the fourth human chakra in depth. It also teaches you how to open this chakra while helping you discover the hidden forces within this wheel of love.
The heart chakra is the fourth out of seven chakras in the human body and is referred to as “Anahata” chakra in Sanskrit. The word “Anahata” translates to “unhurt.” It is located at the centre of the spine at the heart level. An active Anahata chakra paints your life with compassion, love, empathy, and forgiveness. The fourth chakra radiates the feeling of trust, generosity, gratitude, and connectedness in you.
The heart chakra is symbolized by a green six-pointed star inside a 12-petaled flower. This chakra is known to have feminine energy and is associated with air. The heart chakra happens to be the middle chakra of the seven human chakras which unites the physical and spiritual chakras. By connecting the lower and upper three chakras the fourth chakra acts as a bridge between the earth and the spirit.
- Symptoms of unbalanced Anahata chakra:
The heart chakra can go inactive due to both physical and emotional hurtful situations and a change in environment. It manifests into blocking of energy flow or overflow of energy, either of them being considered problematic cases.
Below are the symptoms to recognize the imbalance in heart chakra:
- Fear of intimacy
- Trying to please; co-dependency.
- Feeling of closed down
- Feeling of either victimization or rescuer.
- Overly defensive.
- Extreme isolation; anti-social.
- Yearning for approval from others.
- Not being able to forgive and holding onto grudges even for the slightest of things.
- Respiratory ailments including lung infections, breathing issues, and bronchitis.
- Circulatory and heart-related problems.
You experience “heart chakra pain,” if your Anahata chakra is blocked.
- Heart chakra affirmations:
- I am open to love and be loved.
- I accept and acknowledge myself
- I nurture my inner self.
- I am grateful for all that I have got.
- I feel a sense of unity with nature and animals.
- I accept things as they are.
- I embrace forgiveness.
- I am grateful for the challenges that shaped me.
- How to balance heart chakra?
You don’t have to run miles to get your heart chakra back to work. You only need do these simple practices mentioned below:
- Practice breathing exercises.
- Cultivate the habit of appreciating your life, achievements, and people you have got in your life.
- Practice self-care and develop body positivity. Rose bath and heart chakra yoga poses will help in this direction.
- Cultivate self-compassion, acceptance, and gratefulness towards your life.
- Engage in activities that feed your heart with soft feelings.
- Express your feelings and emotions.
- Express gratitude. Practice forgiveness. Take things light-heartedly.
Benefits of an aligned heart chakra:
An active heart chakra makes you feel like you are surrounded by love, compassion, and joy. You feel connected, grateful, and open to all the experiences in your life. You are no longer averse to challenges, you tackle them with ease. An open Anahata chakra allows you to see the beauty of nature. It also directs the love back to you that helps you to love yourself truly and accept yourself for who you are.
As the fourth and the middle centre of energy in the human body, it is significant to remember that it is multidimensional and grants you the feeling of connectedness. To feel open, unhurt, unstruck, unbeaten, and grateful, leverage the power of heart chakra and feel the world within you and outside of you.p;